Saturday, April 3, 2010

Theatrics

Spring Break Summation:: I am reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman. So far, my favorite by him. // Watched Fantastic Mr. Fox - very clever indeed and I laughed a lot. Also, excellent art, but I did not like the color scheme and it left me with a strange feeling. It was like no one really cared for each other in that movie and I kept thinking something was going to happen. Hm... How to Train Your Pet Dragon was excellent. :D And lastly, Clash of the Titans. Ok. Yea. Just don't go. Jonas and I were trying to justify the $10 we each just wasted. We decided we got to hold hands for 2 extra hours and we are now licensed to make merciless fun of that movie for the rest of our lives. Which we will. // I've been listening to my friend Sarah's excellent new band, Sleepyhands (listen here - maybe they'll tour in the States some day! :)) and CAT POWER! Oh, where have you been all my life, Miss Chan? I can't get enough. If anyone knows where I can buy a recording of the following song, please tip me off. (Also, Beach House is playing in SLO on April 15, apparently. Come with me!) (Angus & Julia Stone have a new album out as well).



My mum made coconut-curry halibut over a bed of biriyani and spinach leaves which was delicious and then last night, Jonas and I
cooked for two friends, Brian & Chris. We had tortellini in a cream basil sauce, Parmesan bread sticks, shrimp salad in avocado halves (excellent!) and a failed peach mousse. Also some blueberry soda from TJ's (yippee! More bottles for my collection). Still learning to cook, honestly, but it's a lot of fun. Jonas and I made a shopping list in which we substituted real ingredients with funny names that sounded similar and then waited tensely in Smart & Final when the cashier swore that the $20 I just gave her was a $10 and they had to check the security cameras to iron out the disagreement (!). It was a $20. // Jonas and I are also collaborating on a story, complete with illustrations and an original encyclopedic mythical history of witches (Jonas is illustrating and writing histories, and I'm writing the story and creating some characters so far). It's gonna be fantastic and we'll be published and live like gypsy royalty off all our proceeds & the movie they'll make from this story. ;) Speaking of which, one of my favorite stories of all time, A Grain of Rice by Helena Claire Pittman, would make a wonderous movie, I'm sure of it. I'm going to write Yimou Zhang, the director of Hero and House of Flying Daggers and ask him to consider making this short children's tale into a movie. In 10 years, I'll be wearing shimmering and sparkling fabrics, hanging on the arm of my love at the premier of "一單粒大米". Just you wait. :D // This morning, Jonas and I hit a doughnut shop (apple fritter for him, raspberry filled heart disease for me) and then click-clacked through the 99 cent store in search of milk in my leopard stiletto-wedges. No luck there, so we shared a caramel machiatto from Starbucks (the last 3rd is so heavenly!!!). Now neither of us have any cash or any gas in our cars. :) It's been a good week. // This morning, the church was decorate in long white curtains all around. It was beautiful. We sang a breathtaking version of the Doxology. // My brothers and Dad are in Utah & sisters and Mum down in TO - home alone today, cleaning, playing & homeworking. Happy Easter to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails