Wednesday, October 21, 2009

102109

I'm back! :) Uploading photos to facebook now - go see them! Highlights: awesome visiting prof. Michelle, new friends, seeing the place where Tremors was filmed, sighting a mysterious and beautiful shape in the sky formed by some sort of army base experiment over the hills, time away from "normal" life, swimming in hot springs, Fossil Falls, the Manzanar museum, the new warm clothes & snacks I bought for the trip & long talks on the bus with my best friend.... ^___^ It was good. Here's one picture just so you get the idea (this is an Alkali lake in the Eastern Sierras called Mono Lake)!

Now that I've been back a few days, the lack of sleep is starting to catch up with me. I also got rear ended while driving yesterday. :( // A new art gallery collection opened at AHC yesterday. Mr. Hood encouraged us all to be art collectors. I'm excited that I may own original pieces by other people some day. Right now though, my speculative investment is a cat. More details on that if it works out. // As much as I'm excited to have people read this blog, I was just thinking that there is a certain personal use in that it's basically a journal. I'm amazed when I look back at posts and rediscover stuff that I totally love. I definitely recommend giving it a go, if you haven't already. :) // So, new issue of Wired much? It's almost time to renew my subscription. Just imagine my un-clued-in self a year ago singing up for Amazon's free subscription. I'm so glad I discovered this magazine. One of my favorites from the latest issue, David McCandless's wheel of popular colors from his book "The Visual Miscellaneum." Sadly, I couldn't find the whole image, so you can't see how comparatively awesome '09's colors are.

Lots of new music from great "old" people about to come out. Listen to John Mayer's "Heartbreak Warfare" over there on the side (I'll spare you a girly-man photo and just post some wise words - of his..? - instead. You're welcome.). So far I'm not a huge fan of Norah Jones's new sound, but you gotta hand it to her for being so eclectic. I'm pretty excited about Corinne Bailey Rae's new stuff. No album release date yet or finished songs available, but I thought we would never hear from her again, so I'm stoked. Also, her hair has gotten even longer than in this photo and I'm jealous of it. Yep. If you want more love, why don't you say so?



I'm feeling some warm food, a warm shower & a warm bed comin' on. ^^ Laterz!
FB readers, click to view blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails