Tuesday, October 13, 2009

101309

I suspected, as I wrote "see you next week" in the last post, that I would squish one more post in before I depart on my little escapade. I worked really hard on homework so that I won't be very behind when I get back and it's so nice to be semi-caught up! // First rain of the season today. ^^ I broke out my Russian coats and am lovin' it. I'm not sure who created this, but it was an example given by Mr. Hood for our next mixed media project using book pages. I'm a fan. We shall see if I can create anything nearly as aesthetically pleasing or intriguing.

Parker posted this photo a few days ago. His sister took part in this fundraiser marathon - in stilettos. They made it into the Guinness Book of World Records for this feat. As cool as it looks, I'm pretty excited not to be hopping through puddles in heels today. Fun record though, huh?

I'm typically not a fan of the futuristic forms and severity of some current fashion, but I do like these pieces by Camilla Lastrina, via Cyana Trend Land.



Here's another example of that severe form, but beautified with lace and sequins. That's what I'm talking about. This is singer Paloma Faith in concert. Not a huge fan of her music (though her song New York is catchy in parts and I love her hair in the video), but it makes me happy that music is taking a turn in this show-biz direction. Some delightful genres excluding, of course. I just enjoy some tasteful dramatization here and there. 2010 meets 1950 is a fun look, feel & sound. Ok, ok, while I'm on this train of thought, I shall add that I love the trend of themed weddings these days. Everything is a party, everything is creative. I suppose over-doing it and losing sight of simplistic happinesses is dangerous, but do you know what I'm saying? Everything is personalized these days. When I first saw Camilla Lastrina's white dress, I thought it was a wedding piece. In any other era? I think not! For that matter, so could the shimmery robe. Ok, now really for the picture...

It is somewhat aggravating to me that my posts are quite incoherent. And also that I do not have a tension-diffusing solution for it at this moment.
FB readers, view blog. It's really a link this time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails