Monday, August 10, 2009

081009

I've never been so excited to go to the Doctor's in my life! In fact, doctors (or dentists more precisely, but pretty much any medical place) are in the top 3 of my list of most hated things (saying goodbyes and working out being the other two). But the reason that I'm excited to go tomorrow is that I may finally have my ears healed or at least be given medicine to help them heal - I have not been able to hear normally for almost a month. Today was the worst so far. I literally could not hear most of what people were trying to say to me. Dismal.
But I actually had a wonderful evening apart from that. Dinner with my wonderful boyfriend and his family and then the new flick " Julie & Julia" afterward (not only is my boyfriend the sweetest, most selfless person you will ever meet, he also has excellent taste in jewelry and brought me a lovely antique[?] necklace back from his trip to Iowa. If you're not already green with envy, you should be ;)). I loved it! I very rarely love movies but I truly enjoyed every moment of that film. It reminded me that true love can last in a marriage. I also got a good laugh out of the struggling blogger stereotypes (though Julie's blog hardly had a hard time gathering a following - that's a little unrealistic in my experience) and was once again heart-warmed at the thought of what an excellent meal can do for even the wretchedest person. I hope you get a chance to see it as well. Also, I would just like to say that I have a sister named Julia and I think it is a beautiful name, though I distinctly remember thinking otherwise when my parents were choosing names. Hehe.

My job is in it's last day or two and I'm making tiny steps of progress in landing a new one. I'm sure there will be more updates if anything comes of it. School starts in 2 weeks and I have leftover fish with grapes and almonds, a kiwi and some twice baked potatoes for lunch tomorrow. Life is good.
I'm about to hit the hay, but here is a photo, lest you think my blog has been sabotaged (via byrdandbleeker). It speaks for itself (it makes me smile so!).

FB readers - view full post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails