Thursday, March 14, 2013

Food for Thought






























Have you ever noticed that most people who enjoy making food either identify as a cook or a baker? I've seen less evidence of this other observation, but I feel like drawing and painting are equally similar but opposite skills. I am a cook and a painter, because my style in each does not require me to be precise or spend a lot of time on one task - I'm in it to fling my emotions, as it were, rather than sculpt them. My theory is that people who prefer to draw, which I think of as a more detail oriented and life-like art form (in the classic sense), are also more drawn to the scientific care required of baking. I admire the cleanliness and elegance of those skills, all the more because they feel out of reach to me. Do you agree? Which combination are you?





























Images: 1,2,3,4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails