Friday, July 30, 2010

Calliope

Jonas took me on a date to Solvang today for "abvleskeivers" (sp?!) and sausage. Yum! We had a great time blasting Dave Matthews, M.I.A., Jose Gonzalez and Massive Attack on the drive, looking in the Swedish section at a bookstore and discovering an AMAZING instrument at positively the nicest antique store either of us had ever stepped foot in (they also had incredible vintage rings. Wowie!).  It's called a disk music box. Most of the specimens we saw were selling for $80,000. (OHMYLAND!) But they are so lovely. I could just have stood and stared and listened for hours. Here's a video I found of one (the second video is another kind of music box they had there). 
In other media news, here's what I've been enjoying lately:
READ 
  • The Alchemaster's Apprentice by Walter Moers  (well written, but on the childish side)
  • A Lion Among Men by Gregory Maguire (not as good as the first 2, but worth reading)
WATCH 
  • Red Cliff (my fave war movie - so many clever strategies and ways to manipulate your advantages in battle)
  • Grand Torino
  • Inception (oh, for the love of Marion)
  • Better Off Ted - TV 
LISTEN
  • Sami Yusuf
  • World War
  • M.I.A.'s album MAYA


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails