Sunday, July 12, 2009

071209

I'm listening to Elliott smith tear his heart out into a mic, and talking to my sweet love and best friend just now. He's in a hotel in Iowa. Miss him.

I'm happy to live when and where I do. I love this time in the world. I'm excited to be a part of it, even if I don't know the half of what is stirring. If you're not, I think you should be. I'm prickling with excitement over being young.

This (below) is a picture from the town where I live, taken by Gen. Charlie's is a tiny little place that has pretty yummy fulallful (sp!) These signs obviously have posts, but I like how you lose perspective a bit looking at this. The Charlie's sign is quite high up and quite a bit further on than the stop sign, I believe.

I feel like I have little way of gaging the true political progress of Mr. Obama, but I still think he's such a nice guy. Like someone you could just... hang out with. I'm a fan of you, Mr. President! I'm also proud to share a name with his wife. Every time I hear it I think, "that's my name too" with a little surge of pride (Michelle is my middle name, actually - I also share it with my mother :)).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails