Monday, February 2, 2009

I went to The Big Picture on Boston.com for the first time in a while today and was reminded of Chinese New Year! We didn't celebrate it here, so I'm not sure when the exact date is, but it's good to remember that that was my home not too long ago. I love how this photographer captured some of the less glam faces of Chinese New Year. Sure looks like home to me. My mom let out a groan (of longing) when she saw this jiao zie (dumpling) photo.









Carpooling home from school today we had 10 people in our 8 person van. Pretty much a blast. [My brother is out on the swing set right now and had the phone on the scaffolding - is that the term? - and was just looking at it, talking to his friend on speaker phone]. When we dropped off my brother's schoolmate Sam and his brother Steven, we got to go in to their house and see their new kitties! One of the kitties is named Tif, short for Tiffany, and is one of the most gorgeous cats I've ever seen. She lookes like a tiger and has sort of marbled red-gold and brown-black fur. They said she was a Bengal, but I don't know if that's really a breed of house cat. Kxkx.

This is my top pick from the Superbowl ads, though I must admit the Doritos one (not by SCAD :( ) was pretty awesome too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails