Thursday, March 29, 2018

Unmellow Yellow

My favorite color is not a concrete thing. In the last few years, it's hovered around gold, pink, and purple. But recently my eye is drawn to YELLOW. Not the mellow variety. It's bold, and I'm into that. 

I've noted that yellow items in my clothing shop(s) have been selling well. I think yellow is a loud announcement that winter is over, and we're all so ready for that! I even want to paint stuff yellow right now, but I do wonder whether it would just seem ludicrous in the winter months and winter light? 

Here are some images that have jumped out at me recently. 


Fashion by Emilio Pucci, 1960s 

From Martha Stewart Magazine, photographed by Johnny Miller

Charles Martin illustration for 1934 Harpers Bazaar

Delpozo Pre-Fall 2018 Fashion Show Collection


Book by Blair Imani

Guo Pei Spring 2016 Couture (same designer that made that 
hugeeee yellow cape for Rihanna at the Met Gala a few years ago)
WANT. Passionfruit drink. I really like the Chinese newspaper underneath. 

Vintage Pierre Cardin


Envelope decorated by Henri Matisse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails