Wednesday, November 5, 2008

TODAY, WE THE PEOPLE, MADE HISTORY.
Congratulations, President-elect Barack Obama, lovely First Lady, Michelle, and daughters.



I've saved the list of headlines in this morning's news because today is a day I will remind my children of. Just as I remember where I was when I heard about the Twin Towers being hit, I will remember where I was when I heard that Mr. Obama was the new president of the United States.

Here is his acceptance speech (about 20 minutes long, but I encourage you to listen!), as well as a clip from Martin Luther King Jr.'s famous "I have a dream" speech (1963). I think it speaks volumes of American freedom to have an African American president, even if we still need to work on racism issues. All skin-colored issues aside, I do not know the future of our great nation, but I am admittedly somewhat excited and hopeful. May God bless President Obama and his presidency. I think it's also worth your time to listen to Mr. McCain's concession speech here.



On the artistic front, I love Elbow. Check out their amazing website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails