Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Spring In My Step

I think we just had the first day of spring. I'm not sure, and I doubt it's important.  Sometimes I get these sweet realizations that calm my worried bones. I doubt the budding trees and birdies keep calendar books or sticky notes or write blog posts on the exact days of events. Too nerve wracking to remember all that. We had a dinner guest last night who has recently accepted Christ into his life. I was struck by the excitement that he had about being in the family of Jesus. He said he finds himself smiling for no reason. I want to have that too because our days here are finite and... yes. That's it. We've been going through Lamentations at church, which I'm loving too. I delight in the polarities of rawness and joy. Re-awakenings seem to go right along with spring. And this lovely album. And these lovely photos (1,2,3,4,5). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails