Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lovely, Honor

Happy Birthday Mom! I love you and you are cool. :D She has always taken good care of our family, no matter where in the world we are, and she's the best cook I know. We made a fun Thai meal for her birthday and looked at old pictures. ^^ // Other awesome family of mine... my great grandma is on FB. How amazing is that? She was born in 1924, and believe it or not, she's better at FB than some baby boomers. // Of the things on my list last week, I accomplished: [Important] 1. Asking to be transfered to an awesome project at work. 2. Finding a major (a BFA in "Crafts" sounds hugely gay. I prefer "mixed media"). If only a temporary one (unless it really sticks...?). I tried to go the counselor but that will have to be redone. [Most Likely] I did everything except eat more of Jonas's ice cream and feel good about not being a Republican (I forgot). // Having someone to love is a most great joy. // I went on a rant rampage last week but fortunantly did not post my screechings. Here are the less crazy, more whimsical thoughts from that session. - April 8 is no shoes day! I'm a fan, and hopefully I can observe that mini-holiday next year. - In my experience, if you're upstairs or several rooms away from someone (you can hear them, but not understand their words), the most audible sound in their conversation is the use of the letter S. Try it (could just be the way my dad talks...). - I like the culture of guest hosting that stays in missionary circles, even after missionaries have moved off the field. Not to say that it doesn't happen if you weren't once a missionary, but just sayin'... - I think our generation will be characterized by globalization. I like it. For better or worse, American culture influences many other countries. At the same time, I hope America will become more aware of the rest of the world. I like the potential that belongs to young people. I like that I live in this very time with the very people who are here at the very same time. - I also pondered why I thought women weren't crucified in ancient Rome and whether polygamy should be outlawed (as it is). // My sweetheart just got strep throat, it seems, but if he's still up for it, we're going to Disneyland with all his INO buddies on Tuesday. I haven't been since I was about 8 years old! //I have many, many pictures to share with you. I really do. I hope I can get back into the groove of sharing them. // I had a very long, boring shift at work this Friday during which I came up with my latest tattoo design. I recently heard a sermon from Ephesians about how wives are to honor their husbands and husbands are to love their wives, etc. But Aaron threw in an extra bit to say that to help things along, women aught to strive to be lovely and men to be honorable. I love that. And maybe I will get these , one on each wrist, once I am married.

Goodnight, moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails